Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Logic of Mattress - How to buy Mattress?

I hope you guys find this interesting as these are my strong believes in terms of Mattress purchase.

*****

1. Never spend anything more then $2,500
I know this will offend other brands and probably every top brand out there, but here is my take on this, 

"when it is time to change, the consumer will find all sorts of reason or excuses to tell himself the Mattress is fine and do not need to change."

Being psychological impressed with a product can only mean harm to you. Mattress is the worlds most disgusting thing after usage (YEARS N YEARS of not washing).

Mattress should be a product when it is time to change, you change it. Period.

Never let money be a hindrance  because you need not spend a lot on a mattress. 

Brands market their mattress as an asset,
BUT THE FACT IS, A MATTRESS IS A CONSUMABLE PRODUCT.

Once it is time, you change it, irregardless how much you spent. You have to throw it away.

Money can buy you Quality Sleep

NOT 

HEALTHY SLEEP

*****

2. Do lots of homework
If you can spend all your time studying on a penny stock just to buy that few lots, spend your time on researching CREDIBLE sites to do gain more experience on how to select Mattresses.

The problem that lies with the Mattress is not the product, is the sales person.

We cannot blame them, they are human beings just like me and you, earning a living for themselves and their family. But because they are just earning a living, they are not professionals.

Professionals IE to say: Understand the concept of Mattress, Understand how to make mattresses, Understand the meaning of use of mattress.

Real Professionals will know and tell you the same thing, never buy anything above $2500.

*****

3. Never believe that a fabric will make you sleep cooler, or a material that will FREEZE you so you sleep cooler -,-.
This is my personal opinion, that's all marketing. 
A formula 1 driver in Singapore loose about 3-7kg of body weight with just 1 plus hour of drive due to loss of water. Singapore very hot :P In their racing suit, there are water running around their body to cool them off. If Mattress were to utilize that, then the fabric is cool. If not, just forget about it, stick to cotton and you'll be okay.

The 3 characteristics of LATEX, MEMORY FOAM and FOAM are very different all together.

They cannot replace one another in terms of the feel it gives, the comfort it can offers.

The million dollar question - 
"Memory foam is warm , Latex is cooler"

Neither of the example is right in my perspective. 

Memory foam is comfortable, state of the art feel, but small pores, hence clean and comfy yet warm. Due to poor air permeability.

Latex have "pin holes" in their manufacturing process, just so that the latex can breathe. The whole idea of it is because LATEX is RUBBER and IT IS NOT BREATHABLE BY NATURE.

LATEX IS EXPENSIVE TO MAKE BECAUSE IT IS NATURAL, HENCE IT IS MORE DURABLE. BUT DO YOU NEED A TIRE MATERIAL FOR YOU TO SLEEP? 

It is very durable and bouncy which are its characteristics, and is able to keep in shape for the longest time.

AND THE 2 VARIANTS OF MATTRESSES ARE POPULAR IN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE WINTER
(Memory Foam & Full Latex Mattresses traps heat well)
Singapore do not have WINTER. SO PLEASE! THINK!

My answer is anything that has springs is firstly cheaper, and more suited for Singapore.

Foam is a simple product with many different density. In cheaper mattresses foam are crap. But lets not forget that there are many many variety of foam out there.
Foam are cheap to make, comfortable, cool because they have visible pores(SO IT HAS HIGHER AIR PERMEABILITY, PERIOD)

By the way, if your mattress is WARM is because you are healthy, because if you are lying on it, and it is cold, you better go see a doctor, LOL.

Spring mattresses have a huge void in the middle, hence there is air. If all the materials used are air permeable, then it creates positive airflow, BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR MATTRESS IS COOL. 

IT IS WARM BECAUSE YOU HAVE BODY HEAT! IT IS A GOOD THING. HEALTHY!

Please also do note that our weather. Please buy an air-con if you keep complaining about the warm weather. No point you complaint and not do anything to make yourself feel better.

SUM UP:
You want a cool mattress, 
GET A BIGGER AIR CON.

*****

3 steps to buy mattress for ETERNAL HAPPINESS :D

If you like my facts of life please support me by coming down to tell me that you like it. This will encourage me.

I enjoy helping people to get the right mattress, you need not buy from me, but I like to educate consumers to understand about Mattress.

Because if you can spend so much time understanding about a CAR which is a depreciating asset, why not spend sometime learning about Mattress, it will only do you good.

*****

The above facts are my opinion about mattress, because I grew up in the mattress industry. My family was doing mattresses way before I was born. These are really useful tips to let you have a bigger picture of how should you select Mattresses.

I prefer to think responsibly so that consumers will be happier customers.

If you do not like it, there is a VERY NICE RED CROSS on the top right hand corner, please click it. :D

but if you like it, please encourage me, trust me, Mattress shopping sucks, due to all the nonsense salespeople give to the consumers.

I cannot find a sensible and responsible sales person that actually knows mattress yet. All of them are just working their part for their family and themselves, so it is all just about business. Nothing wrong with that.

Your Money, Your Choice.

Like a good friend once said, " Never teach your father how to spend his own money ".

hehe
-Tilam King =]





17 comments:

  1. Exactly what I'm looking for! Someone honest... As a sales executive myself, I do understand that you have to BS your way to get sales but sometimes customers do see beyond that. They see you as a person they can trust and rely on. Once you establish that, sales just flows in naturally. Due to that, look out TilamKing... I'm coming!!! Need mattress for my new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @mkina98 thank you very much for appreciating my effort to be as real as I can. Your encouragement make me wanna move on further!

      Delete
    2. Hi Tony, as you've said before... Karma. I too believe in karma and I believe that if we serve others with honesty and willingly, we will be rewarded in many other ways! I dropped by with my family today and looked at the mattresses for myself and my kids. Didn't wanna bother you as you were serving a young couple at that time but your colleague gave us a good service. See you later soon!!!

      Delete
    3. thank you very much sir for coming down.
      I apologize that I could not attend to you. Perhaps if you wish to have time with me serving you better to come on weekdays.

      I am more free on weekdays.

      So i can address more of your questions.

      CHeers
      TONY

      Delete
  2. I need help. Please advise what mattress best suit for scoliosis? They said memory form? 椰壳丝床?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, just go for a firm mattress that supports you well is fine enough.
      How firm, that depends on your preference, body mass, etc.

      Importantly try it out for yourself will be the best option.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Do you have any showroom? What are the brands you carry? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry seldom people msg us here, so we kinda over looked it , sorry that I am 1 year late but, yea we are a mattress manufacturer. We make our own mattresses. Cheers

      Delete
  4. Do you have any showroom? What are the brands you carry? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, we are a mattress manufacturer. We manufacture mattresses ;)

      We are not an ordinary mattress retail outlet that sells you a mattress with a label on it. We simply sell mattresses. :D

      Delete
    2. our showroom is 8 New Industrial Road S536200

      Delete
  5. hi, do you sell those 3 in 1 or some calls it 5 in 1 super single bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for being 1 year late :P seldom get inquires here. Yes we do have those kind of stuff as well, and of cause mattresses.

      Delete
  6. hi, do you sell those 3 in 1 or some calls it 5 in 1 super single bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sorry we seldom get inquires here, so sorry for being 1 year late. :P yea we have those as well.

      Delete
  7. I have hard time sleeping well with my current mattress, I will mention names here, but my current mattress cost me my one month salary. $3xxx. Hard to get into sleep and wake with should part sore.

    Can I any you guys a visit soon ? Location and advise please ?

    Jjwrold@hotmail.com email me please.help needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good mattress need not cost so much, basically we need someone that actually understands about mattresses, before they can understand and know how to listen to the client's needs. We take pride in simplifying our mattresses into 5 different kinds, and ultimately easy to understand so you roughly know what you like better.

      Delete